Recently while attending the wedding of my brother, Tommy, (congratulations to the newly weds!), I presented the three year old niece of the bride with a copy of Wyatt The Wonder Dog Learns About Good Manners. Since I was assured that she loved dogs, I knew that she would like the story. Guess what her first comment was? “Look! It matches my dress!”
This got me to thinking that there might be some really great reasons to buy my book that I hadn’t thought to mention. Here’s five good reasons for starters:
1. It’s a really good story; even better if you happen to like dogs, but that is not required
2. If you are a teacher, a counselor or a parent and need a lesson plan to go with a story, I’ve got you covered. Just click on the lesson plans for books tab to find lessons to go with not only Wyatt but other books as well.
3. If you need some additional entertainment to enhance the story, Pam Gardner, the illustrator, has also designed a color sheet that you can download by going to the lesson plan section as well.
4. If you know a child who is having trouble with a bossy friend and needs some very practical advice, the story and the discussion questions at the end of the book will help you solve the problem.
5. And last but not least, if you need to accessorize a sky blue dress…this book is a good match!